Sunday, January 5, 2014

Boracay


 It is always a looooong trip going to the island of Boracay.  Especially since I come from Bacolod City, I will have to take a 75-min ferry ride to Iloilo City. Then a 5-hour drive to Caticlan, the jump off point in going to the island of Boracay.  I always love the scenic highway passing thru the province of Antique.  Long coastline, many long bridges, mountain ranges.  I love them!

This was my first time to go to the other side of the island. I was amazed to see the different activities going on there.  Lots of windsurfing, Asian tourists driving the ATVs among other activities.  I was also surprised to see 3-4 storey buildings built along the roadside.


lowtide

windsurfers

A man taking a video of ATV riders.
a welcome arch made of bamboo

I think this is more than 4 levels!


This is the famous Puka Beach.  The sand is powder white.  And the water is so blue and so tempting.  Many years ago, when Boracay was not 'discovered' yet, bracelets and necklaces made of puka shells were so popular.  It may have come from this place.

The waters are really so good.  Others would say that the island is not as natural as it is now.  It is part of commercialization and development.  The waters may be affected but it is still an experience you don't wanna miss.



a welcome arch made of bamboo

souvenir shops abound

Carabao island

view  from Shangrila Hotel

trying my hand at paddleboard.  since I can't balance myself when standing, better to sit and paddle away.

No comments:

Post a Comment