Sunday, February 3, 2013

Senatoriables in Bacolod


The Negrense Blogging Society got an invite from the staff of Sen. Chiz Escudero for a meet and greet.    When I got the invite, I said to myself, "here they come now!  Election fever starting to set it."  Some members could not make it and finally it was just Doc Maritel and I who made it there.  When I arrived 20 mins late than the agreed time,  there was Sen. Chiz with a radio reporter and fellow blogger Doc Maritel who obviously had started lunch.  




Then local candidates came in followed by senate  aspirant Grace Llamanzares-Poe, who arrived with her Tonggoy relatives.  Funny how she contacted her maternal relatives thru a 'panawagan' when she had a radio interview since she didn't get their contact numbers the last time she was here.  


Then came in senate aspirant and presidential cousin Bam Aquino.  He is so fair with smooth white skin  in his signature Ninoy yellow and black t-shirt for quick recall and easy recognition.

It was a casual lunch for a getting to know these candidates.  Saw these people how they acted without the camera and press people.  I was glad I accepted the invite.


1 comment:

  1. it was a very casual lunch, no hint of campaigning but more of "good to meet you" kind of thing. Nice write-up Maricar!

    ReplyDelete