Thursday, October 6, 2011

Passion Fruit




This was first introduced to me while we were in a farm in Escalante, Negros Occ. We were walking down and came across this tree. A young man went up and got some for us. And, ooohhhhh, I so fell in love with it. If you see the cross-section cut of it below, you might not like its sight. But it's really so good.


You could feel its grimy seeds as you chew its succulent flesh.



For the health benefits of passion fruit, pls click this link



and the juice is just so refreshingly good!







Cheers, Artie!

2 comments:

  1. I remember some of these pictures from the Negros Trade Fair. Gosh, that's where I went crazy with passionfruit. Passionfruit Jam, Passionfruit Juice... namit kaayo. Diin ni siya ginabaligya nayun? All I know may farm sa Silay ang Fresh Start Organics kag gabaligya sila. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my first taste of glorious passion fruit in the house of a good friend. All that they were serving was passion fruit juice..I had loads of it..I love the sober taste and the freshness. It doesnt make you bloat like soda. Taken with a meal, it blends with any meat, poultry or more so naturally with garden fresh salad given its citrus...y flavor. I think the blend I tried was made with some twist of lemon grass too. Hmmm, you reminded me of it through your blog.

    ReplyDelete